Terms and Conditions
The contract of Hire is between the Hirer and the Owner of the holiday cottage for which the booking is made and is subject to the conditions listed below:
- The time of arrival is after 3pm on the commencing day of your holiday and you are requested to vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of departure.
- When the booking form has been received a confirmation letter and directions will be sent to you. The Hirer is then responsible for sending the remaining total due for the holiday. If full payment is not received six weeks prior to arrival, the Owner may elect to terminate the Contract and retain the deposit. No reminder will be sent.
- Booking Cancellations: Once a holiday is booked you and the Owner have entered a legally binding contract. Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify the owner by email as soon as possible. Whilst the owner will endeavour to assist it is not guaranteed we will be able to meet your request. If you need to cancel (including medical and adverse weather reasons) no refund will be given. Holiday cancellation insurance cover should be taken out to cover these circumstances. Guests are strongly urged to arrange their own. In the unfortunate event of you having to cancel your holiday, please notify us by telephone immediately, followed by written confirmation.
- The Hirer is required to report any loss or damage caused to the cottage or equipment lost, damaged or broken during their occupancy and it is their legal responsibility to refund the cost prior to departure.
- No more that the maximum number or people as stated in the advert may occupy the cottage, except by prior agreement. If it is found that the number of people quoted for the property has been exceeded, without the express permission of the Owner, the booking becomes null and void and would terminate any responsibility of the Owner to fulfil the hire Contract. All money paid would be forfeited to the Owner.
- The Owner is not responsible for death or any injury to guests or third parties, for loss damage to their belongings, cars or contents, or any other personal possessions.
- The booking is made on the understanding that the cottage will be placed at the disposal of the Hirer on the dates stated. If this is not possible because of circumstances beyond the Owners control, the holiday money will be refunded in full, but there can be no claim against the Owner.
- The Hirer is responsible for the cottage and is expected to take good care of it. All equipment, especially the cooker and fridge, crockery and cutlery must be left clean and the cottage must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. The Hirer must accept responsibility for extra cleaning costs if necessary.
- Wi-Fi terms and conditions are displayed at the cottage and by entering the key provided into your devices, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. The Owner cannot not guarantee: the availability of the Service; the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.